Project Objectives and Challenges:
To create a very complex web-based application associated with requesting price quotes from parts manufacturers for after market parts.
The challenge was that there were two big groups of users: Honda analysts and manufacturers, both had very different profiles, tasks and workflows, so practically the task was to create two applications which were closely related, had the same process logic, and looked cohesively. Besides, if the manufacturer’s part of the application was relatively simple, the Honda processes were very complex.
One of the challenges was to create a system that would be clean, modern and intuitive, but would work relatively similar to existing system for parts for the new market so users didn’t experience drastic differences while working with both systems.
There were over 180 use cases (significant processes), some of which were quite complex. Since the software volume was huge, there was a need to restructure user processes for already completed tasks based on new discovered requirements.
For this project I successfully created simple, clean and functional interface, application identity, generated more than 500 mock-ups for over 70 use cases, participated in creating and presenting use cases. Client was extremely happy with the outcome. Project completed in 2014.
Screenshots showcase two of the use cases, featuring both systems – for AHM (American Honda Motors) users and suppliers.
Tasks, Methodologies, and Tools
- Product Management
- Extensive user study to collect user requirements
- Identify and create user personas
- Define and create new interface for this complex application
- Working with business analysts to find the most eloquent user experience solutions
- Create high-fidelity wireframes
- Whiteboard Sketching
- Create storyboards
- Create non-interactive prototypes
- Participate in daily business intelligence meetings and in regular client meetings and help present storyboards and prototypes
- Identity design (application logo)
- Create iconography
- Usability Testing
- Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
- Create Style Guides for developers and other documentation